SunCorp is seeking a proactive Network Administrator to join our small IT team that manages the company’s network, server, and security resources.
This position will be responsible for monitoring network and security equipment, systems, and infrastructure. Manage, recommend, and perform maintenance and upgrades on network, security, and telecommunications equipment and systems. Provide network planning and direction including capacity planning, performance analysis and trending, network architecture, and security reviews and documentation.
Manages all levels of IT Security including firewalls and intrusion detection systems, and reviews all security logs. Helps to develop and publish security policies and standards. Audits PC, server, application, and other configurations to ensure they meet security standards. Responsible for disaster recovery contingency planning, testing, and execution.
Will assist other IT staff in supporting all levels of the desktop and server environment; provides troubleshooting and resource management in the areas of networks, servers, PCs, printers, peripheral hardware products, and operating systems; provides informal training and guidelines to systems management, network client installation and configuration, printer setup and configuration, Windows tuning, software installation, etc.
Assists with LAN management including user access rights, definition and maintenance of network services, troubleshooting, etc.; assists in developing network standards and conventions, configuring network software, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of hardware and software systems to support medium size business enterprise network and data center environment.
- Solid understanding of IP networking and routing, LAN/WAN, routers, hubs, VPNs, and servers.
- Solid understanding of network security (firewall, IPS, IDS, data encryption) and telecommunication technologies and solutions.
- Expertise in PC and server configurations (MS Windows and Unix/Linux), Windows desktop applications, MS Exchange server, DFS, Active Directory, and backup technologies.
- General understanding of storage devices and protocols such as i-SCSI, FC, Replication, NAS, DAS, and VTL, including related best practices.
- General understanding of desktop/server virtualization concepts, procedures, and best practices.
- Good process orientation and ability to clarify objectives, evaluate options, consider implications, assess risks, and make key decisions.
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Sound planning, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Good project management and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking with concurrent projects.
- Ability to convey network concepts and issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to participate in monthly on-call rotation.
- Able to work a minimum of 12 weekends during designated maintenance windows per year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of related experience required.
- CISSP, CCNA, MCSE, VCP, or MCITP certifications a plus